Participants in the Courage & Renewal Practicum will strengthen their understanding of the Courage & Renewal approach, deepen the integration of our principles and practices in their own lives, and be equipped with the skills to bring aspects of our approach into their communities and/or workplaces.
Program Structure & Content
During a 4-day/3-night retreat, participants will be invited to take a deeper dive into the Courage & Renewal approach through the exploration of concepts and practices such as:
- Life on the Mobius Strip
- Standing and Acting in the Tragic Gap
- Expanding Self-Awareness and Working With One’s Shadow
- Working with the Touchstones
- Deep Listening
- Open and Honest Questions
- Selection and Use of “Third Things”
- Convening a Clearness Committee
Following the retreat, participants will be invited to participate in a series of small-group, online Peer Learning Calls to help support and deepen their practices.
Upon completion of the Practicum, participants will have the opportunity to access a variety of curricular resources CCR has developed for community-based small groups. They will also be invited to join an on-going community of practice for Practicum alumni who wish to continue supporting one another in further learning and growth.
This program serves as a prerequisite for the Courage & Renewal Facilitator Preparation Program.Applications for the Facilitator Preparation Program will be available to those who are interested following the Practicum experience.
- Previous participation in a Circle of Trust® retreat or other Courage & Renewal Facilitator-led program
- Completion of the Foundations of the Courage & Renewal Approach Program
- Required Reading: A Hidden Wholeness by Parker J. Palmer